Some Snippets About Me
My mind is constantly active, buzzing, curious, and connecting dots. I am full of what if questions, using huge amounts of energy in the process.
I can be scattered, and also incredibly focused. I can spend hours dreaming, and am also highly realistic. Like you I am made up of a mass of contradictions.
My favourite drink is my first cup of tea of the day.
My deeply held core values are inclusion, connection and communication. I look through a lens that includes transparency, kindness, and social justice.
I love travelling, people watching in cafes, the sound of cricket being played on a summer’s day, paddling in the sea, getting lost in a book, deep dive conversations that go straight to the messy parts, listening to diverse stories and experiences that stretch me, the smell of bluebells. And lavender. Sitting on my deck watching the bats come out. A good bonfire. Social history. Magical realism. Celtic mythology. Animals, without exception. Words.
I am mainly an INFP, but on occasion have come out as an ENFP. I value my energy and sometimes overprotect it.
For those of you interested, I am a Pisces, and a Fire Horse.
I believe in kindness. Also in mischief. Also in singing, especially when singing is not necessarily prescribed.
— Mary Oliver
Words I love: Grace, Fiesty, Choice, Flow, Quest, Fierce, Clarity, Vibrant, Play, Rest
Authors that have influenced me: Pema Chodron, Byron Katie, James Nestor, Parker Palmer, Alice Walker, Dawna Markova, AA Milne, Mary Oliver, Maya Angelou, George Orwell
How my coaching has developed…
My own journey has been a patchwork of experiences.
It is only in the last decade that I have seen the patterns in the patches.
I followed the path of others in the earlier part of my life—fitting in, accommodating, working out what others needed.
The start of my own personal work and exploration came from a feeling of deep disconnect with both my outer and inner worlds: A depressed part of myself was numbing and shutting me down.
Yet there was also a part of me helping me find my voice, whispering to me to take up space, to learn to listen to who I am, to take risk to show up more fully.
What helped most was finally realizing I couldn’t do it all alone, and finding others to connect with and support me with this journey.
I believe in community. I believe in the village.
My coaching comes from this place. Learning to listen deeply, to identify and create next steps, to build motivation and courage to follow through. And to not feel alone in the process.
- Registered Psychotherapist, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- MEd (Counselling) Acadia University, Nova Scotia, Canada
- BA (Hons) Social Policy, University of Sussex, Sussex, UK
Professional Development over the years has included:
- Fire Monkeys Coaching – Sas Petherick
- Breaking the Worry Trance – Daybreak
- Clinical Hypnotherapy – Daybreak
- Relational Life Therapy – Terry Real
- Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma – Janina Fisher
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy – University of Toronto
- Motivational Interviewing
- Registered Psychotherapist in private practice, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Career Counsellor, NSCC, & Psychotherapist in Private Practice, Halifax, NS, Canada
- Social Researcher, University of Sussex, UK
- Citizen Advocate for Older People, Age Concern Sussex, UK
- Conference Organiser, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK